Quick to cook, easy to create and healthy for the body, this fun meal idea gets your kids involved in the cooking process.
Serve this dish with french fries, new potatoes or rice.
1/2 pound lean round or stew beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
Salt to taste
Cherry tomatoes (20 or so)
Peppers (red, green and yellow)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1. Soak the wooden skewers in water (for about 20 minutes)
2. Cut the courgette up into slices. Using a small cookie cutter or a knife, slice the vegetable into the shape of
stars or hearts, piling the pieces for speed. Place into a bowl.
3. Cut the peppers in half and remove the center. Slice the pepper up into the thick strips, then cut half of the
strips into large squares. Take half of the squares and slice them in half diagonally creating triangles. Place the
square and triangle shaped peppers into a bowl.
4. Place cherry tomatoes into a bowl.
5. Combine the raw beef cubes with half of the soy sauce and honey in to a bowl and toss to coat.
6. Sear the outside edges of the beef to remove bacteria (don’t cook all the way through). Place in a bowl.
7. Combine the remaining soy sauce and honey and coat vegtables.
8. Take the wooden skewers out of the water and let your kids dress their skewer. If you have children under 5,
make sure you help them to ensure safety!
9. Place the kebobs on a small baking sheet and broil for 10 to 14 minutes