Lemon Curd if sealed well will last for weeks. It makes a terrific gourmet gift too!!
Thank you to Ruthie Chant from Menu in a Box for the great recipe idea!
Get organized in the kitchen, plan your meals and teach your kids to cook with her site www.onlinemealplanning.com
What You Will Need
1 1/3 cups Caster Sugar
8 Egg Yolks
200 mls Lemon Juice
4 tsp Lemon Zest
125 g Unsalted Butter
What To Do
1. Whisk egg yolks and sugar – they should be well combined.
2. Pour egg mixture into a saucepan.
3. Add butter, zest and juice
4. On a medium heat, bring to a simmer stirring for five minutes
5. When bubbles begin to appear remove from the heat source.
6. Continue stirring for a further minute.
7. Cool before placing in sterilised jars.
1. Lemon curd can also be made in a stainless steel bowl placed over a pot of simmering water.
2. Remember to stir constantly to prevent curdling.