Rice Krispie cake is a great thing to make with kids any time of year. It is quick, easy and fun and best of all, there is
no baking involved.
There are various ways to theme up the classic Rice Krispie cake, so feel free to get creative, but here is what you need
to get you started!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (About 40) marshmallows
6 cups (3 Pints) Kellogs Rice Krispies®
1 tin of frosting or decorating gel
13 x 9 x 2-inch pan
1. Start by melting the butter In large saucepan over a low heat. While you are doing this, have your child count out 40
marshmellows, if they can’t count that high, count out 40 marshmellows for them and get them to count as high as they
can until the butter is melted.
2. Once the butter is melted, add the marshmellows and stir until they are also melted.
3. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Grease your pan and press the mixture into it
5. Let it cool for about 20 minutes
NOTE: This is a good time to get your kids involved with doing the dishes from
the first part of this project and getting set up to decorate, try to make it as fun as possible by getting them to tell you
what type of scary monster they want to create and maybe even singing the clean up song with them!
6. When you are finished cleaning up and have the decorating items ready, cut the cake using Halloween
cookie cutters or a knife
7. Decorate your shapes with frosting and candies to make the spookiest faces you can!