Popsicles are an ideal treat for kids and parents on hot summer days (of which we hope to have many).
They are an even better treat if you bypass the supermarket brands full of high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavours, preservative, and/or sweeteners’ and make your own.
Making popsicles from scratch can be a fun project for you and the kids and ensures that your children are eating things that are good for them!
Let your kids get creative by combining their favourite fruits or juices in the blender or for a quicker fix, use your favourite flavour of Innocent Smoothie
2 cups of your favourite fresh fruit yogurt
1 pot of whole milk based yogurt
(choose an organic yogurt in whatever flavour you like, we recommend Vanilla).
1. Wash the fruit
2. Place them in a food processer/blender and blend
3. Strain the blended sauce through a sieve
4. Pour the strained sauce into your Popsicle maker or in a tall glass
5. Freeze the fruit Popsicle
6. When the popsicles are frozen solid, remove them from their holders and fill another glass with yogurt
7. Dip the popsicles into the yogurt
8. Lay them on a tray covered with parchment paper
9. Place the tray in the freezer until the popsicles are frozen
10. Serve in a bowl with ice cubes
Let us know what yummy combinations you and the kids come up with and send us some pictures of you and your little ones enjoying your frozen creations!